BARANGAY BALIBAGO I HISTORY
Barangay Balibago 1st is located at the Northern part of Tarlac City. It is also part of the North District Division of Barangays in Tarlac City. It is surrounded by Barangay Balibago 2nd on the East, Barangay Dalayap on the North, Barangay Tariji on the West and both Barangay Buhilit and Barangay Banaba on the South.
It is approximately 5.6 kilometers away from city proper. It has a total land area of 236.90 hectares. Agricultural land area has 137.1 hectares and the remaining 99.8 hectares corresponds to a residential area. It also divided into 3 Blocks namely Block 1, Block 2, and Block 3.
Barangay Balibago 1st classified as Rural Barangay, it has a total population of onw thousand five hundred seventeen (1,517) as of 2005, and a household population of two hundred seventy (270).
Barangay Balibago 1st is an agricultural barangay. Farming is one of their major sources of livelihood. Approximately 70% of the total populace here were farmers. They cultivate palay, corn, vegetables and so on. The remaining 30% were laborers, employees, construction workers, drivers, and so on. Some residents have thir own mini businesses such as sari-sari stores and others.
Long before its establishments, Balibago trees forest this barangay. The tree is similar with the leaves of banana. When different people migrates came here they cut the trees and divert it into a residential area. People population exploded in this barangay, which cause in division into two, and called Balibago 1st and Balibago 2nd.
Among the early settlers of this barangay were Tañedo, Punzalan, Manito, Hilario family and other families living in this place. Eighty percent of the total populations are Pampango, and the rest are Tagalog, Bisaya, Pangasinense, and Ilocano.
Barangay Balibago 1st celebrates their feast day every March 23-24 as a thanksgiving to the patron Sagrada Familia/ Sacred Family.
TOTAL POPULATION PROJECTION